Newbie Artist Training Grounds: Day 26

Diposkan oleh DemoLanding on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It should go without saying that tonight's gallery is a special dedication to Madmax. She's been churning out amazing art and hilarious pony comics since this fandom was still finding its legs, and I'm happy to take this opportunity to give something back to her. If you're reading this, I hope the many, many ponies who drew tributes for you make you smile, and I hope those smiles help you through the rough patch in your life. Thank you for everything. But, we are whalers on the moon ponies on a mission, and that mission so happens to be the delivery of drawings of ponies drawing. An absolutely massive number of you took up the banner of the bonus challenge, so a huge percentage of tonight's 176 entries feature her glorious visage. Our grand total is now sitting pretty at 4,836 images. Woo! And just in case you missed it yesterday, here's the Event Archive link if you want to go diving through old galleries and can't find them. You can also click the Event button on the sidebar.

Ever onwards and forward, friends. Here's your daily link to the submission guidelines so that you can continue to send me ponies, and yet another reminder that my e-mail is still phoe@equestriadaily.com. Apparently some of you are still entertained by this paragraph! I am both surprised and very very happy. I hate being boring.

The Theme of the Day

Draw a pony raising (or pretending to raise) the sun. In honor of June 21st, the Summer Sun Celebration, we're paying tribute tonight to our dearly beloved Princess Celestia. So give her your art, or draw a pony pretending to be her, or draw a pony partaking in this festive day's activities. Something to do with ponies and the sun. I'm not picky. I hope she isn't either. I'm so sick of the moon. Heck, you know what? Bonus theme! Draw me overthrowing her. That'll learn her. (bonus bonus theme: me failing and winding up on the moon).

Read more »

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment