Newbie Artist Training Grounds: Day 29

Diposkan oleh DemoLanding on Friday, June 24, 2011


Ponies Can't Cook Edition. I have to say, at this point it no longer surprises me how good you guys are at finding a kajillion different ways to interpret my themes, but you guys are in for a treat, because tonight's gallery is a real gallery. Hours of slaving away over a hot computer have really paid off. Our menu features 151 different ponies served hot on your plate, garnished with love and also a little bit of parsley for whatever reason. I actually ate that when I was little. Never understood why everypony looked at me weird. Why else would they put it there? Anyway, I'm very excited to announce our grand total has reached 5286 images! You realize you're averaging more than a thousand images a week, right? Apathy can go suck a lemon.

It's time once again for that life saving aqua de vida known also as the submission guidelines! I got a fair number of reports today from ponies telling me it wasn't working for them, but the majority still seem to be having no issue. Still, if it does happen to you, remember that phoe@equestriadaily.com is always open as a secondary method of submission. So close to the end, and I've never once copy/pasted this paragraph. Either I'm a trooper, or just really inefficient.

The Theme of the Day

Draw a pony reading. This is something I wanted to do a couple of days ago, but circumstances arose that necessitated it being shuffled around a bit. So here it is now, instead. Although so many of you have sent me reading ponies as part of other themes, so perhaps some of the luster has fallen off of this one? Well then! Bonus theme! And this time when I say bonus theme I mean it, because it doesn't need to be even tangentially related to the regular theme: draw a blogpony. Specifically, I'm trying to honor Seth and Cereal with this one. I wouldn't even be here doing this if Cereal hadn't so enthusiastically vouched for me, and if Seth hadn't offered me the position. So this would be your opportunity to thank them with art. Nopony knows definitively what either looks like, but protips for the interested: Cereal is totally a unicorn, and Seth has told me on more than one occasion he much prefers the way mares are drawn instead of stallions.

Read more »

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment