Newbie Artist Training Grounds: Day 6

Diposkan oleh DemoLanding on Wednesday, June 1, 2011


You know, it's getting harder and harder to find good, sketch-style images that are relevant to the day's gallery theme. I may need to start raiding your earlier submissions if I want to maintain this visual style. And I do! It's how you know it's me posting these and not Emergency-Sethisto. Today's been an interesting day. We've been having some major storms brewing overhead of Phoeville, and I found myself - without thinking about it or attempting to make a joke - looking up at the sky and asking if the pegasus ponies could reschedule. Damn it, I want Equestrian weather.

Speaking of the little flying ponies, you guys sent in quite a lot of them! I'm counting 230 entrants in this year's Best Young Flier competition. Power outages last night prevented me from telling you my "two dollar banana" story like I promised. Find that and ponies, after the break! Remember to follow the submission guidelines when sending in tomorrow's pictures. I've gotten a couple of requests to point ponies in this direction again, and since I'm such a generous ruler, have some pony drawing guides!

The Theme of the Day

Draw a pony as a filly (or a colt). Ok class, it's time to work on your proportions! Don't forget, little foals have different body structures from fully grown (but still little) ponies. Now, I can think of at least two different ways to pun your way out of this assignment, but I'm sure there are more. Good luck finding them!

Read more »

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment