Newbie Artist Training Grounds: Day 1

Diposkan oleh DemoLanding on Thursday, May 26, 2011


Guess what? It's time to draw ponies! Are you excited? 'Cause I'm excited. I've never been so excited! Except for the time I went -- oh, right. Sorry. All right then, Heaven or Hell. Let's rock!

The Rules of Engagement

So here's the deal. Starting from right now, it is your job to draw ponies and send them to me. Every night at midnight, PST (that's Pacific Standard Time) I will pop out of the shadows and hand you a new assignment. Whether or not you take this assignment is up to you, but the more assignments you complete the more practice and exposure you get, so try not to shy away, either. You will have until midnight the following night to send in your work. For obvious reasons I'll be writing the actual post a bit beforehand, so if you're a late entry and don't see yourself right away don't worry, I'll get to it. For those of you interested, there's some helpful stuff over in the announcement post, like links to all those awesome tutorials. With that said, let's go over the rules:

- Send your submissions to phoe@equestriadaily.com The subject line should include the phrase Artist Training Grounds, as well as the day you are submitting for. The body of the e-mail should contain an attachment to your picture, and the name you want to be known by. You must give me a name, or I can't post your drawing. These are the rules of Thunderdome.

- You're free to interpret the theme of the day pretty much however you wish, as long as you work it in there somewhere. Be as literal or as open minded as you want. If you choose to go a spicy or a bloody direction with a particular theme, please keep it within reason. Overly explicit images will not be posted.

- Any format you are able to draw in is fine. Digital art, a hand drawn sketch, whatever. If you handed me a doodle on a napkin I'd scan it myself. I'm cool like that.

- Have fun. I command it.

The Theme of the Day

Draw a pony standing. Something very nice and simple to stretch your sketching muscles with. Ok? Ok! Hop to it!

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment